Wednesday, May 23, 2012

You're Out Walking















~~ YOU'RE OUT WALKING ~~
A GAME TO PLAY WITH FRIENDS AND FAMILY

QUESTIONS:
You're out walking.
You come upon a house.
Describe the house.
Inside, there's a table.
On the table are three objects.
Describe the three objects.
Outside, you see a bear!
What do you do about the bear?
On the windowsill, you find a cup.
What do you do with the cup?

*************************

MY ANSWERS:
A quaint cottage, similar to my favorite tea cup (see above).
A book, a notebook, a pen.
A bear! Hunker down!
A cup! Similar to my cottage! See above!
Fill with very hot tea to drink while reading and writing.

***************************

INTERPRETATION:
The house is yourself.
The three objects are the things you do best.
The bear is a problem.
How you deal with the bear is how you solve the problem.
The cup is your love.
How you handle the cup is how you express your love.

from the novel
Do Try to Speak as We Do:
The Diary of an American Au Pair
(94 - 96)
by Marjorie Leet Ford


**************************

P.S. MARCH 2013
HERE'S ANOTHER ONE
~~ PAST & PRESENT ~~

(randomly assign each other an age)
AGE: 21
I lived in Kirksville, MO.
I was in a relationship with Matt & El Gallo.
I drove a Dodge Dart that I shared with my brother; when he had the car, I used my trusty blue bike, from 6th grade.
I feared My Body, Myself; my judgment, my choices.
I worked at explaining my decisions to myself.
I wanted to be Luisa in "The Fantasticks."

AGE: 55
I live in West Lafayette, IN.
I am in a relationship with the Head Gardener.
I drive a bright red Honda Fit.
I fear the Road Not Taken.
I work at organizing my thoughts and notes and years of reading material; making connections; writing blog posts.
I want to get my priorities straight before I run out of time.

P.S. JUNE 30, 2017
AND ANOTHER ONE
~~ ONE WORD QUIZ ~~

(using only one word)

1. Where is your cell? Charging
2.Where is Your mom? Kansas
3. Your other half? Office
4. Your favorite food? Fruit
5. Favorite color? Red
6. Your favorite drink? Tea
7. Fear? Unlovable
8. Favorite shoes? Tevas
9. Favorite way to relax? Swim
10. Your mood? Moody
11. Favorite Place? Home
12. Where were you last night? Restaurant
13. Something that you aren't? Commercial
14. Muffins? Blueberry
15. Vacation spot? England
16. Where you grew up? Missouri
17. Last thing you did? Writing
18. What are you wearing? Comfy
19. Your TV? Netflix
20. Favorite Animal? Cats
21. Life? Contradictory
22. Regrets? Profession
23. Missing someone? Pets

Additional quizzes . . .Possible ~ Plausible ~ Improbable

Quarantine Quiz Shows

Class of '75

Challenges: Special K & Ten Favs

"Christmas Quiz"

["You're Out Walking"]

"Take This Quiz!"

"Monday: Pop Quiz"

"Talk to Me"

No comments:

Post a Comment