Thursday, August 13, 2009

Moisturizer? Yes, Please!

University City Swim Club, West Philadelphia
Summer 1998

Back when our kids were little, one of my neighbors called to ask me if we should take them all to the pool that evening.

I started pondering the drawbacks: "Oh dear, we already went this afternoon."

She wasn't giving in that easy: "Guess what? You can go twice in one day!"

My next excuse: "Well, yes, but I've already moisturized, and if I get in the water again, then I'll have to moisturize again."

Her persuasive reasoning: "Think of it this way: re-moisturizing is not a hardship! It's a luxury! Now, get ready!"

Around that same time, another neighbor called up with last minute tickets to go see STOMP. Again, I defaulted into noncommittal hemming & hawing and thinking of reasons why this might not be possible; but she quickly interrupted me: "All you have to say is Yes."

I learned a couple of important things that summer:
1. Re-moisturizing is a blessing &
2. When an unexpected gift presents itself, say Yes! Thank you!

PLAYING AT THE KIDDIE POOL






























POOL PARTY WITH POWER RANGER CAKE


No comments:

Post a Comment