Friday, March 25, 2011

Blessed

A photograph for
The Feast of the Annunciation:

My little sister Di with her two new grandchildren,
Thomas (L) & Reuben (R)

"Tell out, my soul, the greatness of the Lord
to children's children and forever more!"

lyrics by
Timothy Dudley - Smith, b. 1926


~ Tom, Di & Family ~ October 2010 ~
right in front is Little Lyla, big sis to Reuben

The Magnificat
also called The Song of Mary
sung by Mary, when she felt the unborn child John the Baptist
move within the womb of her cousin Elizabeth

My soul doth magnify the Lord
and my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour.
For he hath regarded
the lowliness of his handmaiden.
For behold, from henceforth
all generations shall call me blessed.
For he that is mighty hath magnified me
and holy is his Name.
And his mercy is on them that fear him
throughout all generations.
He hath shewed strength with his arm
he hath scattered the proud in the imagination of their hearts.
He hath put down the mighty from their seat
and hath exalted the humble and meek.
He hath filled the hungry with good things
and the rich he hath sent empty away.
He remembering his mercy hath holpen his servant Israel
as he promised to our forefathers,
Abraham and his seed for ever.

music by
Sir Herbert Brewer, 1865 - 1928

P.S. More Grands!
~ Tom, Di & Family ~ August 2014 ~

No comments:

Post a Comment