Sunday, April 14, 2013

La Cucaracha


Cooties!

Remember this game we used to play:


And this song we used to sing:

La Cucaracha, La Cucaracha!
Running up and down the wall!
La Cucaracha, La Cucaracha!
Me, I love you not at all!


And Archy the incredibly clever typing cockroach:



" . . . i would not consider
it honorable in me as a
righteous cockroach to crawl into a
near sighted man s soup . . . "


For a more serious view of the cockroach in poetry
and poems by Martin Niemöller and Muriel Rukeyser
see my new post:
"La Cucaracha"
on the
The Fortnightly Kitti Carriker
A fortnightly [every 14th & 28th]
literary blog of connection & coincidence; custom & ceremony

1 comment:

  1. La cucaracha, la cucaracha
    Climbing up my bedroom wall
    La cucaracha, la cucaracha
    How do I get rid of them all?

    ReplyDelete