Friday, April 15, 2016

Titanic

"And the Sabeans fell upon them,
and took them away; yea, they have slain
the servants with the edge of the sword;
and I only am escaped alone to tell thee."

~ Job 1:15 (KJV) ~


Heroic shipbuilder Thomas Andrews, as portrayed by Victor Garber in the epic film, attributes the disaster -- somewhat differently than the poets do -- to "mathematical certainty." Some crew and passengers may incredulously insist that the ship can never sink; but Andrews responds with honesty and humility. Named by many viewers as "Best Scene in Titanic," his moment of truth stands out amidst all the sweeping drama and special effects:

"She's made of Iron . . . I assure you she can [sink]!
And she will. It is a mathematical certainty."

Titanic Poetry and More
on my current post

~ Titanic ~

@ The Fortnightly Kitti Carriker:
A Fortnightly [every 14th & 28th] Literary Blog of
Connection & Coincidence; Custom & Ceremony


Throwback Thread ~ Titanic Day 2015
Sara: I think this every time I watch that movie, it's so annoying when they hit the iceberg

Kitti: "Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo"

Gerry: Maybe they hit a different iceberg each time (by avoiding the ones they hit before). Same outcome.

Andrea: I am listening to Dead Wake by Eric Larson, and I kept hoping the torpedo would miss the boat!

Eric: My problem is every time I watch it, I spend half the movie looking for what I could use to build a raft.

Pam: lol....did it work, did they hit that damn icebrerg again?!!
Such an interesting range of do - over sentiments represented in our various replies to my niece Sara's post from last year: impatience, despair, eternal return, hope against hope, crisis averted, optimism and resignation, all rolled into one! If only, if only, if only . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment