Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Standing Still . . . Astonished . . .
On Your Tiptoes


"My work is loving the world. . . .
Am I no longer young, and still not half-perfect? Let me
keep my mind on what matters,
which is my work,
which is mostly standing still and learning to be
astonished. . . ."

from "Messenger"
by American poet, Mary Oliver
in her collection Thirst

" . . . maybe the moral is simple . . .
You should come into this world on your tiptoes,
and stop at the entrance? Into this miraculous world . . . "


from "Monologue About Answers"
by Russian historian, Aleksander Revalskiy
in Voices from Chernobyl ~ Svetlana Alexievich

More from Mary Oliver, Lorenzo Quinn, August Rodin, Camille Claudel, and Gustave Caillebotte, on my current Fortnightly Post:
~ Face of Nature ~
@ The Fortnightly Kitti Carriker

More from Chernobyl
on my current Book Blogs:
~ "Until We Seek Until We Find Ammonia Avenue
" ~
&
~ "Preponderance of War" ~
@ Kitti's List

No comments:

Post a Comment