Friday, February 3, 2023

Beautifully Brewed

Victorian Advertising Art
So lovely, yet, sadly, unattributed.
Who is the artist? Who is the model?
Both, lost to time . . .
Goodbye January!

Hello February!

Looking forward to all of these titles
by Sophie Blackall

These two poems are perfect for a chilly day,
when what you need most is a hot cup of tea!

Winter Love
I would like to decorate this silence,
but my house grows only cleaner
and more plain. The glass chimes I hung
over the register ring a little
when the heat goes on.
I waited too long to drink my tea.
It was not hot. It was only warm.


by Linda Gregg (1942 - 2019)
American poet and teacher

&

Now
Now is like a cup of hot tea.
Drink it down and all of a sudden
you feel warm inside.

Many people I know
seem to be waiting
for their cups of hot tea
to get hotter or sweeter.

Inadvertently they don't get
anything but cold.

Hold your life close in your hands
and be close to these
beautifully brewed days.


by Naomi Shihab Nye (b 1952)
Contemporary Palestinian / American Poet
A few more long - time favorites

No comments:

Post a Comment