![]() |
| Spider Woman (2005)
Louise Bourgeois (1911–2010) ~ famous for her giant sculptures Spider & Maman ~ but I think my favorite is this red Spider Woman |
two amazing spider poems,
two days in a row?!?
Which is your favorite?
Snow Country Weavers
A time to tell you things are well.
Birds flew south a year ago.
One returned, a blue-wing teal
wild with news of his mother’s love.
Mention me to friends. Say
Wolves are dying at my door,
the winter drives them from their meat.
Say this: say in my mind
I saw your spiders weaving threads
to bandage up the day. And more,
those webs were filled with words
that tumbled meaning into wind.
James Welch (1940 – 2003)
from his book Riding the Earthboy
Spider
All of my pain is a spider
I’ve learned not to crush
with the heel of my shoe
but to guide with a page
of my journal
into an empty glass.
I ask questions about
its life, its purpose
as I walk careful
out to the garden and rest
it down on the earth.
My pain—how happy
it is to leave me
whenever I treat it
kind.
Andrea Gibson (1975 – 2025)
from Begin Where You Are:
The Colorado Poets Laureate Anthology

No comments:
Post a Comment