Sunday, June 6, 2010

Empty Nest

I have been watching the baby birds in this nest for weeks. Yesterday I went out to look and one flew up close to my face and landed across the yard. Another one flew out. I freaked, and called my husband Gary to catch them. They were half flying and half hopping. Five adult robins were chirping and dive bombing us. I looked with a flashlight after dark. I was so worried because there was one left. He was gone this morning. I took one last pic of him on the ground.

The mother robin was sitting on the edge of the nest this morning . . . all mothers know the feeling: EMPTY NEST SYNDROME! :(

Guest Blogger:
Photography & commentary by Maggie Mesneak Wick,
my beautiful, perceptive, sensitive, spiritual, talented cousin.

Thanks Maggie!

No comments:

Post a Comment