Wednesday, May 30, 2012

For Megan

Kitti and Megan

We had to rely upon the kindness of strangers for this photograph of our Memorial Weekend Reunion. Luckily, a friendly passerby was more than happy to indulge us with an impromptu photo session, but he missed the part about centering the picture underneath the library mural and including Touchdown Jesus. Oh well! We like it anyway! As Megan says, "Tadaaa!" Or as Ben used to say when he was little and didn't fully understand what the sportscasters were saying: "Touch da!"

I have a very dear memory of the time Megan came to visit me for a couple of days in Philadelphia shortly after the birth of my younger son, Sam. My older son, Ben was 3 1/2 at the time, so we had our hands full, but we had fun, riding the trolley and walking around Rittenhouse Square with Sam in the Snugli.

Megan with Baby Sam
just before Christmas, 1993
Megan hasn't changed bit, but Sam (now 6'5") sure has!

On the last morning, before I drove Megan to the airport, she said she wanted to give me something different than a store - bought present; she wanted to do something practical -- such as vacuuming the carpet so that I wouldn't have to worry about being caught up with the housework. I was so touched by that kindness and Megan's way of knowing what I really needed right then. Of all the baby presents and hostess gifts I have received over the years, this is one that I always carry in my heart.

Thanks Megan!
Touchdown Megan!
I took this one, 28 May 2012

Megan took this one of me
the last time we were together
16 October 2006
I like to use it on my Book Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment