Monday, September 9, 2019

My World is Blue

Blue Nude, 1902 ~ Pablo Picasso (1881 - 1973)
See: Picasso's Blue!

L'amour est bleu
"Blue, blue my world is blue
Blue is my world now I'm without you . . . "


So many lovely versions of this 1967
heart-breaking international hit!
Everyone has a different favorite;
the instrumental rendition is mine.

****************

I often begin the summer with a Ben / Cathleen Post (because of their conveniently timed birthdays: June 2 & June 3). Then -- after three months of beach reading and poolside exercise -- I begin the autumn with a Sam Post (thanks to his Labor Day Weekend birthdate of September 7).

This year, however, I switched it out a little bit. Instead of featuing my sons Ben & Sam, I thought it seemed like a good time to highlight the writing of my nieces Anna & Sara, both of whom are consciousness - raising bloggers on issues of emotional / mental / physical health. Since I concluded the month of May with a guest post from Sara, it seems only properly parallel to open the fall semester with a link to Anna's introspective blog of Life After Loss. Please check out her thoughtful and honest advice on surviving the sorrow of multiple miscarriages and moving forward despite setbacks.

****************

Blue Nude, 1907 ~ Henri Matisse (1869 - 1954)

No comments:

Post a Comment