Tuesday, February 16, 2021

Like Mardi Gras Beads

"Look for a lovely thing
and you will find it,
It is not far --
It never will be far."

Sara Teasdale

“The truest answer
to a question that really matters
can be found very close.”

Alice Walker


The most detailed model of ONE human cell to date,
obtained using x-rays, nuclear magnetic resonance,
and cryoelectron microscopy data sets.
Aren't we all just so filled with magical possibilities?

As Emily Dickinson said many years ago
about the use of microscopes:
" 'Faith' is a fine invention
For Gentlemen who see!
But Microscopes are prudent
In an Emergency!"


I love what my friend Gary said
about this dazzling image:
"This is really quite difficult to comprehend.
We are a walking, talking, breathing universe.
All within our cells.
Each cell is so complex, and there are 30 trillion of them.
Like stars in the universe
."


And Gary's friend Sue said:
"i spilled the tangled baubles of my gramma's
jewelry box onto the dresser top.
and i'll never find that other earring
❤"


Mardi Gras ~ Cat Mask ~ Previous Post

Also . . . for Ash Wednesday

“I didn’t go to religion to make me happy.
I always knew a bottle of Port would do that.
If you want a religion to make you feel really
comfortable, I certainly don’t recommend Christianity.”

C. S. Lewis


Next time, Rosary Beads . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment