Sunday, September 6, 2009

Goodbye Sandal Weather

OUR SUMMER TEVAS

My friend Cate said: "Gorgeous, gorgeous! Your dusty rose is soooo nice and I love Karen's blue plus both of your matching toenail polish! Ah poor Ben - he's just a guy. Tell him from me he has nice feet." Funny Cate! If you follow those rules about no white after Labor Day, and so forth, then I guess it's good-bye to sandals for awhile. Sad!

Cate has some amazing sandals, and she also teaches workshops in Lace & Cable Chart Reading: "Learn how to translate charts into pattern writing and create a chart using knitters' graph charting paper. We’ll cover all the terminology, symbols and directions – what’s the 'do nothing' stitch? Do I read left to right, or right to left?" See? It really is another language! As a non-knitter, I'd be lost in translation, but maybe I could learn.

If you would like to see lots of beautiful natural fibers, design concepts, and finished products, take a look at Cate's cool knitting & nature blog:
yarnoverfalls.blogspot.com

"Knit your hearts
with an unslipping knot."

-- Shakespeare, Antony and Cleopatra


CATE'S CAT MIMI (LITTLE SISTER TO TWYLA)

BFF: MIMI & BEAUBEAU

MY CAT BEAUMONT (LITTLE SISTER TO PINE)

No comments:

Post a Comment