Sunday, August 29, 2010

Time to Talk


" . . . to have a friend takes time."
~Georgia O'Keeffe~
American artist, 1887 – 1986

"There was a definite process
by which one made people into friends,
and it involved talking and listening to them
for hours at a time."
~Dame Rebecca West~
British writer, 1892 - 1983

Here I am in 1973, talking and listening to my friend Joni
. . . for hours at a time!

FOR MORE ON FRIENDSHIP, TALKING & LISTENING
SEE NEW FORTNIGHTLY POST: "TALK TO ME"
ON MY LITERARY BLOG OF CONNECTION & COINCIDENCE
THE FORTNIGHTLY KITTI CARRIKER

2 comments:

  1. Talking on our pink princess phone! I loved that phone and also spent a lot of time talking on it late into the night. Sometimes even when Mom & Dad didn't know I was on the phone ;O>

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peg, you took this picture of me! Do you remember sometimes we would take the phone inside the closet (behind the door that I'm leaning against), and the lightcord had a little plastice stoplight for a pull handle? I still have that little stoplight in with my Christmas decorations!

    ReplyDelete