Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Kitti's Book List Updates

Barefoot Prodigy by Martha Moore
Contemporary American Artist

When I was in junior high, a 5 x 7 reprint of this painting appeared on the back of a cereal box -- The Fine Arts, brought to you by Post Grape Nuts! I cut it out and propped it on our piano where it stayed for as long as I can remember, certainly until well after my high school years. Somewhere along the way, Gerry and I picked up a poster - sized copy, which is still looking good after twenty - odd years, framed and matted in our family room. That little girl has been an inspiration to me and many others for several decades now. She can do anything!

That's why I decided to use her picture on my recent book blog:

First Fiddle

It was a summer for catching up on essays of contemporary criticism:

Mama, PhD: Women Write about Motherhood and Academic Life
Edited by Elrena Evans and Caroline Grant

and

Click: When We Knew We Were Feminists
edited by Courtney E. Martin and J. Courtney Sullivan


and also for reading and
watching lots of Harry Potter:

Favorite Quotations from the Latter Potters

For more, see: Kitti's Book List

No comments:

Post a Comment