Friday, August 24, 2012

Carolyn's Teapot

Another bright and beautiful painting by
Carolyn Rathbun George*

"Find yourself a cup of tea; the teapot is behind you.
Now tell me about hundreds of things."


from the short story "Tea"
by Saki

Scroll down or click: "Perfect Moments"
for more examples of Carolyn's art

Carolyn says:

"I would describe my style as a primitive, colorful and spiritual representation of a world where beauty need not be defined by complexity, but by the simple gifts that surround us every day - a breathtaking view, a beautiful bird or a radiant sunset. . . . my work reveals the memories I have of growing up in the Southwest, and it provides me with an opportunity to share and bring those memories to life - colorful landscapes and icons that have held a warm and comforting place in my soul for as long as I can remember."

Below are some theme presents that Carolyn created for me
to go along with The Fortnightly Kitti Carriker:
A fortnightly [every 14th & 28th] literary blog
of connection & coincidence; custom & ceremony

No comments:

Post a Comment