Thursday, January 24, 2013

Tea for One, Two, Three

Lovely Past Times Holiday Teapots (above & below),
presents over the years from my British Sister - in - law, Tina McFadyen


Strange how a teapot
Can represent at the same time
The comforts of solitude
And the pleasures of company


Zen Haiku Quotes


"I had three chairs in my house; one for solitude,
two for friendship, three for society."


Henry David Thoreau, 1817-1862
American author and naturalist
(from Walden)

Close - Up with David Winter Houses, on Platter by Gien

“Outside of the chair,
the teapot is the most ubiquitous and important
design element in the domestic environment
and almost everyone who has tackled the world of design
has ended up designing one.”


David McFadden, b. 1949
Canadian poet and novelist

"Bread and water can so easily be toast and tea."
~ Author Unknown ~

And this bit of fun from my talented friend Tony:

Teas
I think there’s nothing that can be
As lovely as a cup of tea

That to my smiling lips is pressed
Then rested warm against my breast

Around the house I’d like to lay
And let the kettle sing all day

White or green, black or oolong
Brew it weak or brew it strong …

Though wine may lead to heightened senses
Make mine Camellia sinensis

Then, Kilmer-like, beneath a tree
I'll sip my perfect spot of tea.


© 2011, Tony Brown

[Click here for more Tea Quotes]

No comments:

Post a Comment