Thursday, November 10, 2011

Full Moon, Full Heart

Maybe this month's Mourning Moon won't seem so sad if you open your heart to the magic and share it with someone else.

Your body is away from me
But there is a window open
from my ♥ heart ♥ to yours.
From this window, like the moon
I keep sending news secretly.


Rumi, 1207 - 1273
13th-century Persian poet
Philosopher, scholar, mystic

i carry your heart with me

i carry your heart with me(i carry it in
my heart)i am never without it(anywhere
i go you go,my dear; and whatever is done
by only me is your doing,my darling)
i fear
no fate(for you are my fate,my sweet)i want
no world(for beautiful you are my world,my true)
and it's you are whatever a moon has always meant
and whatever a sun will always sing is you

here is the deepest secret nobody knows
(here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud
and the sky of the sky of a tree called life;which grows
higher than the soul can hope or mind can hide)
and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart

i carry your heart(i carry it in my heart)


E. E. Cummings, 1894 - 1962
Very popular American poet
Somewhat unconventional,
sometimes eccentric









# VIII from The Black Rider and Other Lines

I looked here;
I looked there;
Nowhere could I see my love.
And -- this time --
She was in my heart.
Truly, then, I have no complaint,
For though she be fair and fairer,
She is none so fair as she
In my heart.


Stephen Crane, 1871 - 1900
Influential, innovative American author
Journalist, novelist, poet

Free Valentine Picture of a Blue Heart Clipart Image. Click Here to Get Free Images at Valentine-Clipart.com
[click ♥ for ♥-clipart.com]

2 comments:

  1. " . . . we are so both and oneful
    night cannot be so sky
    sky cannot be so sunful
    i am through you so i"

    e.e. cummings

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Trust your heart
    if the seas catch fire
    (and live by love
    thought the stars walk backward)"

    e.e. cummings

    ReplyDelete