Friday, April 25, 2014

Birnam Wood

Never Fear!
It's just Gerry and Grandpa Ron
rearranging the trees in the yard!

"Who can impress the forest, bid the tree / Unfix his earthbound root?"
Gerry and Ron -- that's who!
************

Macbeth shall never vanquished be until
Great Birnam Wood to high Dunsinane Hill
Shall come against him.

That will never be.
Who can impress the forest, bid the tree
Unfix his earthbound root? Sweet bodements! Good!
Rebellious dead, rise never till the wood
Of Birnam rise . . .

IV, i, 96 - 103
************

Till Birnam wood remove to Dunsinane,
I cannot taint with fear. . . .

I will not be afraid of death and bane,
Till Birnam forest come to Dunsinane.

V, iii, 2 - 3, 59 - 60
************

As I did stand my watch upon the hill,
I look'd toward Birnam, and anon, methought,
The wood began to move. . . .

I pull in resolution, and begin
To doubt the equivocation of the fiend
That lies like truth: 'Fear not, till Birnam wood
Do come to Dunsinane:' and now a wood
Comes toward Dunsinane.


V, v, 35 - 36, 41 - 45
from Shakespeare's Macbeth
************

Look how beautiful the zinnias were in 2005!
I hope we'll have such good luck this year!
And see Josef, out enjoying the day -- to the right?
And to the left, a football!

I especially love this one of Josef and
Grandma Rosanne, out for a walk! ~ Fall 2006

And Dear Old Josef, Sunning Himself On the Deck ~ Fall 2006

Happy Arbor Day
& Belated Birthday to Shakespeare!

No comments:

Post a Comment