Monday, October 22, 2018

Confused Shopper

Tamarind and Guava
We've been trying to branch out when grocery shopping and try some experimental foods, as displayed above on my tropical serving plate. In addition to novelty fruits and vegetables in the produce department, I was so excited to see this flavor in the frozen dairy case, something truly out of the ordinary: Thai Green Tea Ice Cream!
Imagine my dismay when Gerry took it out of the freezer and read aloud, "That Green Nut." What? I had managed to completely misread "That" as "Thai" and "Nut" as "Tea." Wishful thinking, I guess! As my cousin Marla so rightly observed: "Sometimes you see only what you want to see!"

Here I thought I was bringing home something exotic, but it was just artificially flavored pistachio, apparently designed to appeal to shoppers who can't even remember the word pistachio. Tasty enough, but not exactly what I had in mind.

I thought I was bringing home something along the lines of the "green tea custard" featured here. Maybe one day it will appear at the supermarket, but for now, we will just have to enjoy it as a treat from the specialty ice cream store.

Finally Found the Right Stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment