Wednesday, November 11, 2020

A Form of Madness


Take these two patriots, for example;
which one sounds sane and which one sounds insane?

Compared to war, all other forms of human endeavor
shrink to insignificance. God help me, I do love it so
.”

George S. Patton Jr. (1885 – 1945)
General of the United States Army in WW II

"Though I have been trained as a soldier,
and participated in many battles,
there never was a time when, in my opinion,
some way could not be found
to prevent the drawing of the sword.
I look forward to an epoch when a court,
recognized by all nations,
will settle international differences
."

Ulysses S. Grant (1822 - 1885)
Commanding General of the United States Army, 1864 to 1865
18th President of the United States, 1869 - 1877

********************

Family Favorites:
Robert Service ~ "A Hero"


~~ Previous Veterans Day Posts ~~
& Google Doodle

No comments:

Post a Comment