Tuesday, June 27, 2023

Synchronicity? Oh Baloney!

Fried bologna at a restaurant!
When we were little kids, fixing our own lunches in the summer,
this is how my older sister made our bologna fancy!
Now, finally the gourmet world realizes!

I had to show my sibs for old - time's sake!
Everyone joined the chat,)
which I shall now poach (pun intended!)
for the following post:

Peg:
I haven't had fried baloney in ages.
Thanks for the nice memory.
The picture makes it look like a faux eggs benedict

Aaron:
Looks good!

Dave:
I had way too much fried baloney in the Corps.
Have no desire to resurrect the relationship.
Too damned salty even with mustard and mayo.

Diane:
Jessica once had a friend from church spend the night.
Later the girl's mom told me what a great cook
her daughter said I was. I had to laugh.
One of our meals was fried bologna sandwiches.
And for breakfast we had chopped up bananas 'n' milk.

~~~~~~~

A few days later,
this follow - up from

Peg:
On another note, I love the way things happen.
Just the other day we were talking about fried bologna ( baloney)
and then just today I was reading a Stephen King book
in which he mentions fried bologna.
It’s not something I think about often
and yet, two instances in such a short time.

Me:
I love that too! Synchronicity!
(What did I tell you?!?!)

Peg:
Yes! I couldn't remember the word.

Diane:
The universe is trying to tell you something.
Maybe: eat fried bologna!

Me:
I was thinking the same thing —
that it’s a message from the universe!
But is it truly a message to eat more baloney,
or a metaphor for________????

Peg:
Dan bought baloney today before I told him
about my coincidence, so I'm taking it as a sign.
Fried baloney tomorrow for lunch!

Me:
Wow! The universe really did mean baloney!

Peg:
Perhaps after I have it, there will be world peace.
One can hope. But probably just indigestion.
The universe just likes to play with us that way

Bruce:
I just read the baloney discussion.
I had a fried baloney and egg sandwich for supper tonight!

Me:
Now it feels like we’re moving from synchronicity to spooky!
Or maybe the Secrets of the Universe are a Bunch of Baloney!

Aaron:
My contribution to the conversation;
and I'll bet you can't say it without singing it:

Me:
I'll see your OSCAR MAYER BOLOGNA
and raise you one OSCAR MAYER WEINER!
Ear Worm for the Day:

No comments:

Post a Comment