Friday, October 9, 2009

Cate's Coffee Table

On Cate's coffee table (key provided above),
you will find the following books (in no particular order):

1. Love and Power: Awakening To Mastery, Lynn V. Andrews
2. The Bible - New Testament
3. The Urantia Book, The Urantia Foundation
4. The Eight Gates of Zen: Spiritual Training In An American Zen, John Daido Loori
5. Practical Meditation With Buddhist Principles, Venerable Thubten Lhundrup
6. Joy To The World: Christmas Messages From America's Preachers, ed. Olivia Cloud
7. Winnie the Pooh, A. A. Milne
8. The Country Diary Of An Edwardian Lady, Edith Holden
9. Growing Herbs, Yvonne Rees
10. The Country Garden: How To Transform Your Garden Into A Lovely Retreat, ed. Country Homes & Garden
11. Time Life Roses
12. There's A Spiritual Solution To Every Problem, Wayne W. Dyer
13. Pontoon: A Novel of Lake Wobegon, Garrison Keillor
14. The Screwtape Letters, C. S. Lewis
15. Meditations From the Mat: Daily Reflections On the Path of Yoga, Rolf Gates
16. Moby Dick, Herman Melville
17. Reserved For the Cat: An Elemental Masters Novel, Mercedes Lackey
18. If Not For the Grace of God: Learning To Live Independent of Frustrations and Struggles, Joyce Meyer
19. The Portable Dragon: The Western Man's Guide to the I Ching, R. G. H. Siu
20. The I Ching (Trans. Wilhelm & Baynes; forward by C. G. Jung, first published 1924; 1950 by The Princeton Univ. Press)
21. The Complete Works of Lao Tzu, translated by Hua Ching Ni
22. Sherlock Holmes and the Rune Stone Mystery, Larry Millet
23. The American Yoga Association Beginner's Manual, Alice Christensen
24. Special Topics In Calamity Physics (a novel), Marisha Pessl
25. When Things Fall Apart: Heart Advice For Difficult Times, Pema Chodron

As Cate points out: "It's a big coffee table." It would have to be!

1 comment:

  1. "Supposing there was no intelligence behind the universe, no creative mind. In that case, nobody designed my brain for the purpose of thinking. It is merely that when the atoms inside my skull happen, for physical or chemical reasons, to arrange themselves in a certain way, this gives me, as a by-product, the sensation I call thought. But, if so, how can I trust my own thinking to be true? It's like upsetting a milk jug and hoping that the way it splashes itself will give you a map of London. But if I can't trust my own thinking, of course I can't trust the arguments leading to Atheism, and therefore have no reason to be an Atheist, or anything else. Unless I believe in God, I cannot believe in thought: so I can never use thought to disbelieve in God."
    —C.S. Lewis, _The Case for Christianity_

    ReplyDelete