Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Prognosticator's Dilemma

Cute Kids' Book, Available on Amazon

It's not easy being a Groundhog on February 2nd . . . or a School Superintendent the night before a Snow Day! With his usual veritas and hilaritas, Brian Andreas captures the dilemma of the prognosticator:

"I'm best at predicting the old year,
she said, & you'd be surprised how many
people are even skeptical about that"


www.storypeople.com*

HAPPY GROUNDHOG DAY!

*One StoryPeople reader shares this from Peanuts:

Linus:
"I guess it's wrong always to be worrying about tomorrow.
Maybe we should think only about today."

Charlie Brown:
"No, that's giving up. I'm still hoping that yesterday will get better."

So irrational, yet, so hard to stop hoping for that better past . . .

Wise Lily Tomlin says:
"Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past."

And Anne Lamott's version, just slightly different:
"Forgiveness means giving up all hope of having had a better past."

One more from Charlie Brown:
Charlie Brown:
"I keep having these tiny self doubts . . . do you think this is wrong?"

Lucy:
"Of course it's wrong, Charlie Brown . . . "

1 comment:

  1. I like your observations about Groundhog Day much more than the movie of the same name. I can't imagine anything worse than living the same day over and over again. I'm so anxious each day to see what tomorrow brings. I like the Story People quote, too. They're sayings are so funny but so true.

    ReplyDelete