Monday, October 11, 2010

Grown Up

That was then [1975]: Cyndee, Kitti, Cheryl, Etta
This is now [2010]: Etta, Kitti Cheryl, Cyndee

Everybody knows
It hurts to grow up
And everybody does
It's so weird to be back here
Let me tell you what
The years go on and
We're still fighting it, we're still fighting it . . .

It was pain
Sunny days and rain
I knew you'd feel the same things . . .

Everybody knows
It hurts to grow up . . .


lyrics from "Still Fighting It"
by Ben Folds (b. 1966), American singer - songwriter

Friends Forever: Etta, Joni, Cheryl, Kitti, Cyndee,

As we go on, we remember
All the times we had together
And as our lives change
Come whatever,
We will still be friends forever . . .


lyrics from "Graduation (Friends Forever)"
by Vitamin C (Colleen Ann Fitzpatrick)

Memorial Table at the
Francis Howell High School Reunion


There are places I'll remember
all my life, though some have changed.
Some forever, not for better;
some have gone and some remain.
All these places had their moments
with lovers and friends I still can recall.
Some are dead and some are living,
In my life I've loved them all . . .

I know I'll never lose affection
for people and things that went before
I know I'll often stop and think about them . . .


lyrics from "In My Life"
by John Lennon & Paul McCartney

No comments:

Post a Comment