Saturday, March 19, 2011

Super Moon

Largest Full Moon of 2011
As Seen from back porch in Liverpool
I was disappointed to catch only a brief glimpse of this year's Super Moon before the British sky clouded over (bright views from around the world). Every bit as good as any picture taken by NASA is this one, taken by my super observant brother - in - law:

As Seen from front porch in Maryland

My super sis Peg wrote:

"Tonight the moon is on it's closest approach to the earth in 20 years. Here's a photo Ron took out our front door and it reminds me of the Cat Stevens' song, 'Moonshadow.' It really is beautiful and if you haven't had a chance to see it yet, just step outside. I think it was put there just to shine a beautiful light on my beautiful -- super sweet! -- niece Anna to close out her 21st birthday."

Coming tomorrow, while the moon is still full: the Vernal Equinox!

No comments:

Post a Comment