Saturday, May 19, 2012

National Bike Month

Motocycles Comiot, 1899
by Theophile Steinlen, 1859 - 1923
Swiss / French Artist

Many years ago, a friend of mine gave me a small copy of the above poster, along with this note written on the back:

"Last Spring, I saw you one day riding your bike and you reminded me of an image that I could not place at that time. I found out the other night that I had this poster in mind when I came upon it going through my things. I hope you like it."

Yes, I did like it; it remains one of my favorite presents ever; and it provides the perfect illustration for an international celebration of the bicycle!

You can also go to The Quote Garden for a collection of excellent Bicycle Quotes, including my favorite:

"Every time I see an adult on a bicycle,
I no longer despair for the future of the human race."

H. G. Wells, 1866 - 1946
British Author

Biking Across Campus with My Friend Milly
Summer 1980

Bike Basket Full of Christmas Presents
& My Cat Jeoffry, 1986

A Couple More Posts About My Amazing Bike:
"Lucky Talismans"
and
"Thousands and Thousands of Uses"

No comments:

Post a Comment