Friday, April 19, 2013

Be a Loving Friend


Jan & Kitti

A few days ago, my sweet thirteen - year - old niece Kiyah sent me the thoughtful meditation below, and it seemed like the perfect message to share with my friend Jan on her auxiliary birthday!

The tragic events in Boston earlier this week reminded me of this happy day five years ago when Jan and I visited the Boston Public Library with our friend Jes. At sad times like these, a heartfelt blessing such as Kiyah's might be just the thing to restore some of our shattered faith in humanity.

Loving Friends: Jan, Kitti, Jes
At Boston Public Library, May 2008


********************

~ Kiyah's Message ~
Trust me:
this will put a smile on your face,
make your day, or help you:

Every night, someone thinks about you before going to sleep,
At least ten people in this world love you.
The only reason someone would ever hate you is because
they want to be just like you.
There are at least two people in this world who would die for you.
You mean the world to someone.
Someone that you don't even know exists loves you.
When you make the biggest mistake ever, something good comes from it.
When you think the world has turned its back on you, take a look.
Always remember the compliments you've received.
Forget the rude remarks.
Be a loving friend.
Help someone out!
Make someone else's day!
Help put a smile on someone's face
!

********************

I hope it puts a smile on Jan's face, knowing that I am observing her birthday today, no matter how many times she tells me that she was born on April 6th. Years ago, I somehow got it into my head that her birthday was April 19th,
and it's just too late to change back now!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JAN!


THANK YOU KIYAH!

My great - niece Kiyah & my sister Peggy
{Kiyah is Peg's younger grand - daughter
}

P.S. This is not the first time that Peg & Jan
have appeared together on a birthday post!

No comments:

Post a Comment