Friday, January 8, 2016

Not Supposed To Be Any Way

Thanks to my friend Barbara Serratore
for this poster from Purple Clover

Why do I keep forgetting this, even though I'm one of the first people around to quote Toby Maguire / David at the end of Pleasantville, when he tells his mom that it's not supposed to be any way:
Mom: I mean, it's not supposed to be like this.
David: It's not supposed to be anything. Hold still.
Mom: How'd you get so smart all of a sudden?
David: [long slow smile] I had a good day.
Or when Romeo complains:
"There is no world without Verona walls"

Despite the wise advice of Friar Lawrence:
"Be patient, for the world is broad and wide."

Guess what? There are lots of ways!

~ Happy New Year! ~ Happy New Way! ~

Thanks to my friend Donna Postel
for this one from "Let it always be known . . . "

No comments:

Post a Comment