Sunday, August 2, 2026

Dive In!

. . . continued
Judge ~ July 1934

Magazine Covers
by John Holmgren (1897-1963)

Judge ~ July 1936
"First the air is blue and then
it is bluer and then green and then
black I am blacking out and yet
my mask is powerful
it pumps my blood with power
the sea is another story
the sea is not a question of power
I have to learn alone
to turn my body without force
in the deep element. . . .
"

from "Diving Into the Wreck"
by Adrienne Rich (1929 - 2012)
Springboard (2015)
by Charlotte Evans (b 1981)

I especially like Springboard because
it reminds me of this long-time favorite:

Romantic Enters World
by Richard Stine
Additional Connections

"The Swimming Pool"

"The Summer You Learned to Swim"
by Michael Simms

The "Lost Lagoon" Challenge

Swimming Pool"
by James Arthur [not struck by lightning]

No comments:

Post a Comment