Thursday, November 2, 2023

Ghosts in My Dreams

Love these tin signs!

Many thanks to my friend Victoria
for sharing this beautiful song,
so appropriate for Día de los Muertos
Ghosts

[Verse 1]
Ghosts
Glide in my dreams
Softly float around my bed
Ghosts
Your shadows clustered about my sleepy head
Solemnly I evoke the dead


[Chorus]
Grandpa, grandma, mother, father
Daughter, nephew, cats, husbands, and friends
Grandpa, grandma, mother, father
Daughter, nephew, dogs, husbands, and friends


[Verse 2]
Ghosts
Fallen angels
Hold me tight in open arms
Ghosts
On your back swings
Showed me how with cryptic charms
Remember
A nursery rhyme I knew
As through the dusk, we flew
To the land we knew
I remеmber you
And you
Do you?


by Jane Birkin (1946 - 2023)
Day & Night of All Souls
Loreena McKennitt

No comments:

Post a Comment