Monday, April 8, 2024

Blue Moon Diner

Whether or not anything fabulous is going on
with the moon or with Purdue,
one of our favorite places in Charlottesville
is the Blue Moon Diner,
where the menu is always fabulous!
We usually go for breakfast,
but look how cool it looks at night!
Everywhere you look, the Blue Moon is Nostalgia Central:
kitchen magnets, old toys, Depression glass, record albums.

It is a living history museum filled with
tchotchkes of the heart from every decade.

Sitting at the yellow table, for example,
takes me straight back to childhood.

[Also seen in L.A. Confidential]

Many Easters ago, my mother sent me some family recipes
along with the following note that I have saved in my cookbook:

"Do you remember our yellow chrome chairs,
and wobbly bright yellow Formica - topped table,
and light yellow enameled canisters,
and all you kids gathered round, cutting out cookies
?"

Yes, I do! I remember all those things!

And should you ever wonder where all those
dear old kitchen artifacts have gone, just stop by
the Blue Moon Diner; you'll find them there!

No comments:

Post a Comment