Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Happy Birthday Running Redbud!

With apologies to my sibs Di & Aaron,
who were already in their pjs when this picture was taken.
Kimberling City, Missouri ~ Summer 1973
My friend Joni and I know just what
Walt Whitman means when he says:

This hour I tell things in confidence,
I might not tell everybody, but I will tell you.


These words from Song of Myself have always
been true for us, confidants since girlhood.

J for Joni ~ K for Kit

For more about Joni & more about Walt Whitman
see my recent posts

When Women Wore Names

&

The Common Air that Bathes the Globe

For some additional
summertime coincidences & connections,
ranging from Peanuts to Cracker Jacks,
from Portugal to the Outer Banks,
see my previous posts:

Given Life by an Intimate Sun

Every This and That

OBX

Buy Me Some Peanuts and Cracker Jacks

@The Fortnightly Kitti Carriker
A literary blog of connection & coincidence;
custom & ceremony

Thanks to my brother - in - law Tom Burrows
for his beautiful photograph of this late summer blossom!

No comments:

Post a Comment