Friday, July 21, 2023

Girl of Vision

"The earth is just too big, too beautiful:
I like it small, through a window, catching
the light at the day’s end. I prefer poems
haiku-size; a pair of binoculars
through which I see one bluebird at a time . . .

See what I mean? Take one small thing in hand,
open it up, and there’s another door,
and another, long corridors of views
into the heart of darkness or of light . . . "


from the poem “Small Portions”
by Julia Alvarez
Peek - A - Boo!
Ellie at Town & Gown ~ February 2022
Surprise!
Eastertime 2022
~ May 2022 ~
Getting a Good Look at Aidan,
wrapped in his special gray & white
blanket from Auntie Tina!
see Ellie's pink blankie?

Moving to Virginia
~ June 2022 ~
Apple Juice Al Fresco
~ New Years Day 2023 ~
Magic Markers En Plein Air
Girl of Vision: Eleanor
Woman of Vision: Emily

Before I got my eye put out –
( Poem #336)

Before I got my eye put out –
liked as well to see
As other creatures, that have eyes –
And know no other way –

But were it told to me, Today,
That I might have the Sky
For mine, I tell you that my Heart
Would split, for size of me –

The Meadows – mine –
The Mountains – mine –
All Forests – Stintless stars –
As much of noon, as I could take –
Between my finite eyes –

The Motions of the Dipping Birds –
The Morning’s Amber Road –
For mine – to look at when I liked,
The news would strike me dead –

So safer – guess – with just my soul
Opon the window pane
Where other creatures put their eyes –
Incautious – of the Sun –


by Emily Dickinson

No comments:

Post a Comment