Sunday, April 25, 2021

Post Vaccine, Open & Gather

OPEN ~ DOOR ~ BOOKS ~ MIND ~ HEART

At my first COVID vaccine, as soon as the nurse said, "Relax," I tensely grabbed the arms of the chair and hunched forward -- my nervous way of relaxing. She touched my shoulder lightly and said, "No, no, no. You don't have to lean toward me. I am bringing the shot to you." Deep breath . . .

What a good bed-side manner -- right? -- both humorous and wise! I have taken this as my new mantra whenever I feel myself over - compensating and tensing up: "No, no, no. I'm bringing the shot to you." Deep breath . . .

As it turns out, shot #1 was nearly painless; and likewise shot #2. Deep breath . . .

What's next? To gather or not to gather? To hug, shake hands, maybe even one day go without masks to Walmart (or not)? Deep breath . . .

OPEN ARMS
Gathering With My Sibs
At Our Airbnb

AND JUST FOR FUN
As my friend Katy says:
I don't even know ONE person without issues! Haha!

Once & Future Posts

night & day

All Felled

gather
open
lattes
spiced coffee
whiskey
scenic views
autumnal ~ flora
leftovers

Previous ~ OPEN ~ Signs

1 comment: